The Charleston community has been a longtime supporter of the arts, which is one reason why SEWE proudly calls the Lowcountry home. Since our inaugural event was held in 1983, we have invited talent from across the country to showcase at SEWE and helped launch many successful creative careers. As the popularity of our event has grown, so have the costs for artists to attend. In addition to travel costs, artists are responsible for crating and shipping their work from their studio to our Fine Art Gallery.
About The Program
SEWE’s Host an Artist Program aims to support our show’s visiting talent by assisting with lodging costs through generous contributions from businesses and individuals. In partnership with our official SEWE hotel host, Cambria Charleston Hotel, we are able to offer significantly reduced room rates for our artists during their stay.
To host an artist, individuals and businesses are asked to donate $150 and will receive the following in acknowledgement of their support:
- Recognition in the SEWE Directory
- Listing on signage in the Fine Art Gallery
- A badge/ticket embellishment noting participation
- Admittance to the art private preview on Thursday afternoon
- A tax deduction (SEWE is a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization)